Tel: 86-769-85938358 / 88771988
Building F,Xinhaoyuan Industrial Park,Xitou,
Contact: Chris Duval
5633W.Howar St,Niles.IL 60714 USA
The calculation of speed ratio and torque of bevel gearbox
It is a transmission ratio of reducer, which means the ratio of the instantaneous input speed and output speed in deceleration. For example,input speed 1500r/min and the input 2.4 hp, with the torque 11.6 Nm, the transmission speed ratio is 1:1.
1.Calculation of ratio
Define the calculation method:
I = input speed/ output speed
I= torque ÷ 9550 ÷ power × input RPM ÷ operating coefficient.
3. Gear system calculation method:
Reduction ratio = number of gears ÷ automatic gear teeth.
Reduction ratio’s calculation method for belt, chain and friction wheel: reduction ratio = driven wheel diameter ÷ automatic wheel diameter.
The output torque of the motor, is one of the basic parameters of the motor with the unit of N.M.
This formula is commonly used torque, power and speed to calculate in engineering.
T--torque; 9550--constant (do not have to investigate its source); P--motor power (KW); n--output speed (r/min).
Attention:If the torque is calculated by the reducer, the efficiency loss of gear transmission should be considered.
1. Calculation formula of servo motor’ torque : T=F*R* I.
For example: drive an object of 100kg, R = 50mm, the reduction ratio is 1:50, the torque of the servo motor?
Answer: 100x9.8(acceleration of gravity)x0.05x0.02=1.98N.M.
Reducer torque calculation formula
1. Speed ratio=motor’s output RPM ÷ gear’s output RPM ("speed ratio" is also called "gear ratio")
2. If motor power, speed ratio and the operating coefficient is clarified: reducer torque = 9550 × motor power ÷ motor power input RPM × speed ratio × operation coefficient
3. If the torque, reducer output RPM and the coefficient is clarified,the reducer that the motor power required follows:
motor power = torque ÷ 9550 × motor power input speed idling ratio ÷ operating coefficient